Questions and answers

As long as you live in Norway, you are obliged to notify the police of the address at which you live. If we do not know where you are, your application can be rejected without the case being considered.

No, usually not. If you have applied for protection in one of the countries that participate in the cooperation under the Dublin Regulation, you cannot apply again in another one of these countries. You can only have your case considered in one country. You can read more about this on the UDI's website.


If you wish to work, you must apply for a temporary work permit. The application must be submitted to the police where you live. It is a condition that you have a valid passport from your home country. Read more about how to apply on the UDI’s website.

If UNE has rejected your application resulting in you having to go home, it means that UNE believes that it is safe for you to return home. Once you have arrived in your home country, the authorities there are responsible for your safety.