The internal guidelines (IR) are the overriding governing documents that are intended to ensure high quality and efficient case processing. They set out the key aspects of UNE’s legal obligations and its case processing procedures. UNE’s director general approves all internal guidelines. The internal guidelines are only available in Norwegian.
UNE's internal regulatory framework for case processing comprises three main types of governing documents. The internal guidelines (IR) contain fundamental key principles for UNE’s case processing. UNE’s obligations pursuant to national and international rules are specified in the professional guides (FV). Procedure descriptions (RB) contain more specific and detailed case processing procedures.
- IR-01: Case processing in UNE
- IR-02: UNE's decision modes
- IR-03: Deciding cases at a grand board hearing
- IR-04: Considering and deciding cases at a board hearing
- IR-05: Duty to provide information to the child welfare service
- IR-06: Exclusion from the right to refugee status
- IR-07: Assessment of the general security situation in a specific area
- IR-08: The right to access documents pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act
- IR-09: Dealing with potential violations of the law in UNE’s cases
- IR-10: Cases for the Parliamentary Ombudsman
- IR-11: Dealing with court cases in UNE