If the appellant is represented by a person other than a lawyer or assistant lawyer, the authorised representative must submit a written letter of authorisation. UNE must check that the written authorisation complies with the requirements concerning authorisation set out in the Public Administration Act. RB-03 describes these rules in more detail, including the scope of authorisation and the assessment of whether an authorisation is valid.